- Detective Jim Gordon is a recently-promoted detective and a former
army vet. He's a good person; a hero. He believes in the law and
justice, and he fights against crime and corruption.
- Harvey is a world-weary, pessimistic detective who plays along with
the corrupt police system in Gotham. He used to be a good cop. He thinks
that Jim is too naive and green.
- He's a young rich boy, grieving for his murdered parents. He's trying
to figure out how the system in Gotham works and who's corrupt, and
where Wayne Enterprises fits in.
- Alfred is Bruce's loyal butler. He watches over the boy and has become
like a surrogate father.
- She's an evil, power-hungry woman-- a crime boss who wants to control
all of Gotham. She uses and destroys anyone who gets in her way.
- Not too much is known about her, but she seems to be a good person and
a fairly good police captain. However, she's forced to put up with the
corruption in Gotham for now. She tries to protect her squad and upload
law and order the best she can.
- She's Jim's fiancée, and a newspaper reporter. She's a very good
person and admires his courage and honesty. She has a romantic past with
Detective Renée Montoya.
- He's evil, dangerous, manipulative and very smart. People tend
to underestimate him because he looks and acts funny, but he's very
clever and a merciless killer. He's very twisted as well. His nickname
is "The Penguin" because of the way he walks, which he doesn't like.
He's doted on by his mother, Gertrude Kapelput (Kapelput is probably his
real name). He worked for Fish's gang, but then she found out that he
was an informant for the police, so she demanded that Jim Gordon kill
him (as a sign of loyalty). Instead, Jim spared his life. Later, he
returns to town and works for Sal Maroni. He rises in his organization.
We find out later that he's really working for Sal's nemesis, Carmine
- He's the county medical examiner, but he none of the cops like him
because he's just very odd. He likes to say inappropriate things and
seems to get very excited by the murdered bodies. He also delights in
- She works for the Major Crimes Unit, partnered with Crispus Allen.
They're trying to clean up the corruption in Gotham and get rid of dirty
cops, but they fight a losing battle. She has a previous relationship
with Barbara Kean, Jim's girlfriend.
- He's Renée's partner in the Major Crimes Unit, helping her fight crime
and corruption (even sometimes against other cops). He seems more jaded
than she does.
- He's the main crime boss in Gotham. He squabbles sometimes with the
other bosses, such as Fish and Sal, but he appears to be smarter and
more devious than anyone else. He thinks that there should be a balance
of power between the police and the mobsters, and he works to make sure
they all maintain this balance with a certain amount of cooperation
(which is viewed by Jim and others as corruption). He has a new
girlfriend that was put in place by Fish to keep his attention diverted.
He probably had the Waynes killed.
- She's a young thief that lives on the streets and apparently has no
family. She steals not only for herself but for her cats. She's able to
get around Gotham in a very slick way by jumping around on the roofs and
fire escapes. Since she's small and good at hiding, people don't notice
her. She witnessed the Waynes' murder and has been many other things in
the city. She seems to trust Jim somewhat and has a little bit of a
fascination for young Bruce.
We need more episode guide recap writers, article
writers, MS FrontPage and Web Expression users, graphics designers, and more, so
please email us
if you can help out! More volunteers always
Back to the Main Gotham
Page updated 9/23/15