Random Thoughts, Questions, & Ideas
By Patti G
Just some thoughts this week:
- Love having VI back on the show! Not only is he marvelous to look
at, but he always shakes up the storylines he is in. He and Susan
(whether the Real Erica or Erica 2.0) are magic on the screen.
- As a parolee, Scott should not be drinking, and if JR wanted to
press charges, Scott would be screwed. I still am pulling for him and
Madison to get back together.
- Love Rebecca’s new short haircut.
- What is Greenlee really so busy with, not Fusion? Emma is never
around. She does not appear involved with the hospital, so what is she
- Kendall also seems to have forgotten about “her company” Fusion. She
only talks about building the new Miranda Centers with Senor Castillo.
- Like them tying the old Cambias storyline with Bianca and her new
trauma. I realize a person cannot help who they fall in love with, but
Bianca knows that Marissa is straight. It seems like a stretch that
Marissa would suddenly realize she is either bi-sexual or gay. If that
does occur, then we are just repeating Bianca’s sad history of women she
has been with who are “confused” about their sexual identity and how it
never works out.
- Jacob Young (JR) really reminds me of a young Robert Redford. I
could picture him in a remake of "The Great Gatsby" or "The Sting."
- I realize Madison has gone through an awful experience with her
daughter dying, but I miss the fire that she used to have. It is the old
story of the writers taking a new bad girl, and if the audience likes her
well enough to keep her on, redeem her. For example, Julia Santos or
Randi Hubbard. However in doing this, they lose much of the spark the
original character had and become somewhat of walking doormats.
- I am very curious as to the backstory of Jane. While sometimes she
appears to be the “brains” of this whole operation (witness her tirade
with Ben in the park), other times she seems so enchanted with being
Erica that I don’t see her as having the money or resources to have
pulled this whole operation together on her own.
- I admired Cara for confessing to Tad what happened with Jake. She did
not have to; she had not been caught or was in danger of being found out,
but did it for the right reasons. I have to say that Tad comparing her
to the Energizer Bunny was very funny and accurate.
- Why is the free clinic in a tent in the middle of Pine Valley?
- I like that all the former characters are reprising their roles for
the final shows of AMC, but I really don’t want it all to be sparkle and
glitz. I want the show to end with some resolution and perhaps leave the
audience with some things to ponder.
Well, that’s about all for now. Have a great week.
I would love to hear from any of my readers.
Read Patti's previous articles:
5/15/09, 5/8/09, 5/3/09,
Read all about Patti's visit to AMC's NYC studios on
Page updated 6/12/11
The opinions in these articles are those of the writer and do not
necessarily reflect the opinions of The TV MegaSite or its other volunteers.
Back to the All
My Children Articles Page
Back to the Main
All My Children